The CAD Draftsman operates 2D and 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD) computer system, including creating, updating and modifying cultivation facility plans, systems layouts, and performs manual drafting.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Creates CAD drawings for engineering projects.
- Copies project drawings.
- Creates manual drawings for engineering projects.
- Greets customers and the general public in person and on telephone, answers questions and directs to appropriate individual when necessary.
- May assist in developing survey maps and layouts, when necessary.
- Works closely with building regulating agencies, builders, contractors and the general public.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Richmond, CA. No relocation planned.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
No overnight travel is anticipated. Occasional local day travel may be required.
Required Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree or completion of a technical trade school in CAD, drafting or related field, plus at least three years of related work experience; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Proficiency in AutoCAD and Solidworks and/or Sketchup preferred.